Bread is a type of food made from a mixture of flour, water, and yeast, and baked in an oven.
1. Her diet consisted of bread and a handful of lentils.
2. Garroway broke off another piece of bread and chewed at it.
Bread that has been baked in one large piece is called a loaf. The plural of loaf is loaves.
3. …a loaf of fairly fresh bread.
4. I like to get hold of a new loaf and tear the end crust off it and eat it.
• You do not talk about ‘breads’ unless you mean different types of bread, for example breads made with different types of flour.