Прослушайте диалог и выполните задание:
Вы услышите диалог. Выберите правильный ответ на нижеследующие вопросы. Вы услышите запись дважды.
1) Why did mother expect so many people on board the ship?
1. Because it was high season.
2. Because it was comfortable to sail.
3. Because it was an interesting voyage.
2) Where was the best place to spend time?
1. In the deck cabin.
2. At the restaurant.
3. On the upper deck.
3) The way to Cairo was to take
1. three and a half hours.
2. the whole day.
3. about five and a half hours.
4) How much time was it possible to spend in Cairo?
1. Not enough to see the main attraction.
2. Little to see the main attraction.
3. A little to see the main attraction.
5) What could the daughter do on board late at night?
1. She could sleep.
2. She could dance.
3. She could have tea.
6) Starting the voyage both mother and daughter felt
1) – 1
2) – 3
3) – 2
4) – 1
5) – 2
6) – 3
Mother: Hurry up. Our ship sails in twenty minutes.
Daughter: Wow! How huge the ship is! I can’t really imagine how many passengers are on board now.
Mother: About 300 passengers with us.
Daughter: Do you expect so many people to be on board?
Mother: Sure. These ships are often filled to capacity in July when the weather is hot and the sea is calm.
Daughter:I suggest we go on the upper deck after we find our cabin. We will have more fun there.
Mother: You are right. There is a swimming pool there, deck chairs to sunbathe and a small tennis court. By the way, the view will be fantastic.
Daughter: Will we see the dolphins? Can I feed the seagulls?
Mother: Of course, when we’re in the open sea. The voyage takes all day long. We arrive at five thirty p.m.
Daughter: That gives us three and a half hours to spend in Cairo.
Mother: But that will be enough to see the Pyramids. They are lit and look magnificent. On our way back in five days we’ll be able to visit Cairo’s museum of History and its famous markets. Daughter: What are we going to do when we’re back on board?
Mother: We’ll enjoy our late dinner. The food served on the ship is tasty and the prices are reasonable.
Daughter: You know that I never go to bed before twelve o’clock so, what shall I do?
Mother: The ship sleeps only for a short time. If you are not tired, you’ll join the disco.
Daughter: There goes the whistle. We are off on a pleasant voyage.
Mother: The voyage is sure to be delightful. A lot of surprises are waiting for you!