Прослушайте диалог и сделайте задание:
Вы услышите разговор двух подростков. Выберите правильный ответ на нижеследующие вопросы. Вы услышите запись дважды.
1) What is Kate looking forward to?
1. Having a walk with friends.
2. Seeing her relatives.
3. Having a good rest.
2) Why does Don feel happy?
1. He is absolutely free.
2. He is going for a walk with his friends.
3. He has written an excellent report for his science lesson.
3) Kate isn’t worried about her studies because
1. she likes working at weekends.
2. she has little left to do.
3. she has done her work in Literature.
4) What does Don decide to do on Sunday?
1. To go to the concert.
2. To watch a thriller at the cinema.
3. To play tennis.
5) What does Don persuade Kate to do next weekend?
1. To do some sport.
2. To go surfing.
3. To have a lot of practice.
6) When Don decides to join her Kate feels
1) – 2
2) – 1
3) – 2
4) – 3
5) – 2
6) – 1
Don: Any plans for Saturday, Kate? I’m going for a walk in the hills with a few friends. Would you like to join us?
Kate: Well, thank you, but I’m going to my aunt’s for the weekend. She is really nice and I always have a good time with my cousins, so I think it’ll be great.
Don: Of course. Well, as for me, I can’t wait for Saturday! I had to spend last weekend writing a report for my science lesson. My teacher wanted to have it ready on Monday. I’m glad I don’t have to do anything like that this weekend.
Kate: Oh! Working at weekends is no fun, is it? I’ve got a bit of work in Literature to do, but it should only take an hour… So what are you doing after the walk?
Don: Well, the New Rock Band are here — did you know? They are playing at the Apollo Theatre.
Kate: But it’s very difficult to get the tickets, isn’t it? Have you got yours?
Don: Not yet. Now I think of it, it may be too late.
Kate: Why don’t you go to the cinema instead? There’s a great thriller on at the Odeon — Mystery at Sea. I saw it last week.
Don: Yes, I heard about it. The cinema is not my idea of fun, really. Sooner or later you can see most good films on TV.
Kate: That’s true. So, anything for Sunday?
Don: I think I’ll play tennis. What about your next Saturday?
Kate: I’d like to go surfing. I usually avoid sport at weekends — I think I’m a bit lazy. But I tried surfing when I was on holiday last year — and I really enjoyed it…
Don: If you want, I could come surfing with you.
Kate: Oh, no! I’m only the beginner. You’ll be bored.
Don: I’m not that good myself. I need a lot of practice.
Kate: Really? OK, then.