If you are confused, you do not understand someone or something. People who are confused sometimes do no know how to behave in a particular situation.
1. She looked away, confused, not knowing what to say next.
2. Parents are apt to be confused about what psychiatrists and psychologists are for and what the difference between them is.
3. Many young people are confused about the causes of cancer.
Something that is confusing makes you feel confused.
4. The sizes in clothing are sometimes confusing and you may find the following information useful.
5. This word is confusing in that it has two rather different but related meanings.
Something that is confused does not have any order or pattern and is difficult to understand.
6. The figures are sometimes confused.
7. Further questioning revealed how confused and contradictory Carmichael’s replies were.