If you bring a person or thing with you when you come to a place, you have them with you.
1. Why haven’t you brought me here before?
2. Be friendly and hospitable when your child brings others home to play.
3. Please bring your calculator to every lesson.
If you ask someone to bring you something, you are asking them to carry or move it to the place where you are.
4. Bring me a glass of Dubonnet.
5. Bring down a pair of nice, warm socks and a towel for Mr Jordache.
If you take a person or thing with you when you go to a place, you have them with you.
6. She gave me some books to take home.
7. It’s a lovely house – he took me over to see it the other day.
8. There are limits on the amount of money you can take abroad.
9. She took the suitcase inside and left it in the corridor.