BELIEVE, BELIEVE IN
If you believe something, you are convinced that it is true, even if you cannot prove it logically. You can believe a claim, believe that something will happen, or believe that something should be done.
1. No one ever believes the official answer.
2. I believed that I was at the beginning of a great adventure.
3. The Government believes that such powers are essential.
If you believe in God, you believe that God exists. If you believe in ghosts, you believe that there are ghosts. If you believe in something such as a system, you think that it works. If you believe in doing something, you think that it is the right thing to do.
4. It’s natural to think of Europeans who believed in ghosts as ignorant.
5. Elaine believes in love.
6. The Kirks are a modem couple, and believe in dividing all tasks equally down the middle.