If people or things are alike, they are similar to each other. If people do the same things, they act alike.
1. Dolly and Molly were really very much alike.
2. Supermarkets tend to look alike.
3. We think and talk alike.
If something is likely, or if it is likely to happen, it will probably happen. If someone is likely to do something, you expect them to do it.
4. Nuclear war would be less likely under a non-nuclear policy.
5. The argument is likely to prove long and exhausting.
6. …the sort of questions you are likely to ask.