Здесь находится упражнение 9 на английские артикли.
Вставьте артикль the, a / an, если необходимо.
1. There was … collision between … car and … cyclist at … crossroads near … my house early in … morning. … cyclist was taken to … hospital with … concussion. … driver of … car was treated for … shock. … witnesses say that … car was going at … seventy miles … hour.
2. Professor Jones, … man who discovered … new drug that everyone is talking about, refused to give … press conference.
3. Peter Piper, … student in … professor’s college, asked him why he refused to talk to … press.
4. We’re going to … tea with … Smiths today, aren’t we? Shall we take … car? ~ We can go by … car if you wash … car first. We can’t go to … Mrs Smith’s in … car all covered with … mud.
5. He got … job in … south and spent … next two years doing … work he really enjoyed.
6. It is … pleasure to do … business with such … efficient organization.
7. … day after … day passed without … news, and we began to lose … hope.
8. Would you like to hear … story about … Englishman, … Irishman and … Scotsman? ~ No. I’ve heard … stories about … Englishmen, … Irishmen and … Scotsmen before and they are all … same.
9. But mine is not … typical story. In my story … Scotsman is generous, … Irishman is logical and … Englishman is romantic. ~ Oh, if it’s … fantastic story I’ll listen with … pleasure.
10. My aunt lived on … ground floor of … old house on … River Thames. She was very much afraid of … burglars and always locked up … house very carefully before she went to … bed. She also took … precaution of looking under … bed to see if … burglar was hiding there.
11. ‘ … modern burglars don’t hide under … beds,’ said her daughter. ‘I’ll go on looking just … same,’ said my aunt.
12. One morning she rang her daughter in … triumph. ‘I found … burglar under … bed … last night,’ she said, ‘and he was quite … young man.’
13. … apples are sold by … pound. These are forty pence … pound.
14. It was … windy morning but they hired … boat and went for … sail along … coast. In … afternoon … wind increased and they soon found themselves in … difficulties.
1. There was A COLLISION between A CAR and A CYCLIST at THE CROSSROADS near MY HOUSE early in THE MORNING. THE CYCLIST was taken to HOSPITAL with CONCUSSION. THE DRIVER of THE CAR was treated for SHOCK. WITNESSES say that THE CAR was going at SEVENTY MILES AN HOUR.
2. Professor Jones, THE MAN who discovered THE NEW DRUG that everyone is talking about, refused to give A PRESS CONFERENCE.
3. Peter Piper, A STUDENT in THE PROFESSOR’S COLLEGE, asked him why he refused to talk to THE PRESS.
4. We’re going to TEA with THE SMITHS today, aren’t we? Shall we take THE CAR? ~ We can go by CAR if you wash THE CAR first. We can’t go to MRS SMITHS in A CAR all covered with MUD.
5. He got A JOB in THE SOUTH and spent THE NEXT TWO YEARS doing WORK he really enjoyed.
6. It is A PLEASURE to do BUSINESS with such AN EFFICIENT ORGANIZATION.
7. DAY after DAY passed without NEWS, and we began to lose HOPE.
8. Would you like to hear A STORY about AN ENGLISHMAN, AN IRISHMAN and A SCOTSMAN? ~ No. I’ve heard STORIES about ENGLISHMEN, IRISHMEN and SCOTSMEN before and they are all THE SAME.
9. But mine is not A TYPICAL STORY. In my story THE SCOTSMAN is generous, THE IRISHMAN is logical and THE ENGLISHMAN is romantic. ~ Oh, if it’s A FANTASTIC STORY I’ll listen with PLEASURE.
10. My aunt lived on THE GROUND FLOOR of AN OLD HOUSE on THE RIVER THAMES. She was very much afraid of BURGLARS and always locked up THE HOUSE very carefully before she went to BED. She also took THE PRECAUTION of looking under THE BED to see if A BURGLAR was hiding there.
11. ‘MODERN BURGLARS don’t hide under BEDS,’ said her daughter. ‘I’ll go on looking just THE SAME,’ said my aunt.
12. One morning she rang her daughter in TRIUMPH. ‘I found A BURGLAR under THE BED LAST NIGHT’ she said, ‘and he was quite A YOUNG MAN.’
13. APPLES are sold by THE POUND. These are forty pence A POUND.
14. It was A WINDY MORNING but they hired A BOAT and went for A SAIL along THE COAST. In THE AFTERNOON THE WIND increased and they soon found themselves in DIFFICULTIES.