Здесь находится упражнение 4 на английские артикли.
Вставьте артикль the, если необходимо.
1. … youngest boy has just started going to … school; … eldest boy is at … college.
2. She lives on … top floor of an old house. When … wind blows, all … windows rattle.
3. … darkness doesn’t worry … cats; … cats can see in … dark.
4. My little boys say that they want to be … spacemen, but most of them will probably end up in … less dramatic jobs.
5. Do you know … time? ~ Yes, … clock in … hall has just struck nine. ~ Then it isn’t … time to go yet.
6. He was sent to … prison for … six months for … shop-lifting. When … six months are over he’ll be released; … difficulty then will be to find … work. Do you go to … prison to visit him?
7. I went to … school to talk to … headmistress. I persuaded her to let Ann give up … gymnastics and take … ballet lessons instead.
8. … ballet isn’t much use for … girls; it is much better to be able to play … piano.
9. I am on … night duty. When you go to … bed, I go to … work.
10. Peter’s at … office but you could get him on … phone. There’s a telephone box just round … corner
11. He got … bronchitis and was taken to … hospital. I expect they’ll send him home at … end of … week. Have you rung … hospital to ask how he is?
12. Ann’s habit of riding a motorcycle up and down … road early in … morning annoyed … neighbours and in … end they took her to … court.
1. THE YOUNGEST BOY has just started going to SCHOOL; THE ELDEST BOY is at COLLEGE.
2. She lives on THE TOP FLOOR of an old house. When THE WIND blows, all THE WINDOWS rattle.
3. DAKRNESS doesn’t worry CATS; CATS can see in THE DARK.
4. My little boys say that they want to be SPACEMEN, but most of them will probably end up in LESS DRAMATIC JOBS.
5. Do you know THE TIME? ~ Yes, THE CLOCK in THE HALL has just struck nine. ~ Then it isn’t TIME to go yet.
6. He was sent to PRISON for SIX MONTHS for SHOP-LIFTING. When THE SIX MONTHS are over he’ll be released; THE DIFFICULTY then will be to find WORK. Do you go to THE PRISON to visit him?
7. I went to THE SCHOOL to talk to THE HEADMISTRESS. I persuaded her to let Ann give up GYMNASTICS and take BALLET LESSONS instead.
8. BALLET isn’t much use for GIRLS; it is much better to be able to play THE PIANO.
9. I am on NIGHT DUTY. When you go to BED, I go to WORK.
10. Peter’s at THE OFFICE but you could get him on THE PHONE. There’s a telephone box just round THE CORNER.
11. He got BRONCHITIS and was taken to HOSPITAL. I expect they’ll send him home at THE END of THE WEEK. Have you rung THE HOSPITAL to ask how he is?
12. Ann’s habit of riding a motorcycle up and down THE ROAD early in THE MORNING annoyed THE NEIGHBOURS and in THE END they took her to COURT.