Здесь находится упражнение 1 на английские артикли.
Вставьте артикли AN / AN, если необходимо.
1. My neighbour is . . . photographer; let’s ask him for . . . advice about colour films.
2. We had . . . fish and . . . chips for . . . lunch. ~ That doesn’t sound . . . very interesting lunch.
3. I had . . . very bad night; I didn’t sleep . . . wink.
4. He is . . . vegetarian; you won’t get . . . meat at his house. He’ll give you . . . nut cutlet. ~ Last time I had . . . nut cutlet I had . . . indigestion.
5. . . . travel agent would give you . . . information about . . . hotels.
6. We’d better go by . . . taxi – if we can get . . . taxi at such . . . hour as 2 a.m.
7. . . . person who suffers from . . . claustrophobia has . . . dread of being confined in . . . small space, and would always prefer . . . stairs to . . . lift.
8. Do you take . . . sugar in . . . coffee? ~ I used to, but now I’m on . . . diet. I’m trying to lose . . . weight.
9. . . . man suffering from . . . shock should not be given anything to drink.
10. You’ll get . . . shock if you touch . . . live wire with that screwdriver. Why don’t you get . . . screwdriver with . . . insulated handle?
11. It costs fifty-five and . . . half pence and I’ve only got . . . fifty pence piece. ~ You can pay by . . . cheque here. ~ But can I write . . . cheque for . . . fifty-five and . . . half pence?
12. . . . Mr Smith is . . . old customer and . . . honest man. ~ Why do you say that? Has he been accused of . . . dishonesty?
1. My neighbour is A PHOTOGRAPHER; let’s ask him FOR ADVICE about colour films.
2. We had FISH and CHIPS for LUNCH. ~ That doesn’t sound A VERY INTERESTING LUNCH.
3. I had A VERY BAD NIGHT; I didn’t sleep A WINK.
4. He is A VEGETARIAN; you won’t get MEAT at his house. He’ll give you A NUT CUTLET. ~ Last time I had A NUT CUTLET I had INDIGESTION.
5. A TRAVEL AGENT would give you INFORMATION about HOTELS.
6. We’d better go by TAXI – if we can get A TAXI at such AN HOUR as 2 a.m.
7. A PERSON who suffers from CLAUSTROPHOBIA has A DREAD of being confined in A SMALL SPACE, and would always prefer STAIRS to A LIFT.
8. Do you take SUGAR in COFFEE? ~ I used to, but now I’m on A DIET. I’m trying to lose WEIGHT.
9. A MAN suffering from SHOCK should not be given anything to drink.
10. You’ll get A SHOCK if you touch A LIVE WIRE with that screwdriver. Why don’t you get A SCREWDRIVER with AN INSULATED HANDLE?
11. It costs fifty-five and A HALF PENCE and I’ve only got A FIFTY PENCE PIECE. ~ You can pay by CHEQUE here. ~ But can I write A CHEQUE for FIFTY-FIVE and A HALF PENCE?
12. MR SMITH is AN OLD CUSTOMER and AN HONEST MAN. ~ Why do you say that? Has he been accused of DISHONESTY?