Прочитайте тексты и установите соответствие между текстами и их заголовками.
A. Improper upbringing
1. We can communicate with other people in many different ways. We can talk and write, and we can send messages with our hands and faces. There is also the phone (including the mobile!), the fax and e-mail. Television, film, painting and photography can also communicate ideas. Animals have «ways of communication», too. Bees dance and tell other bees where to find food. Elephants make sounds that humans can’t hear. Whales singsongs. Monkeys use their faces to show anger and love. But this is nothing compared to what people can do.
2. In Hollywood everybody wants to be rich, famous and beautiful. Nobody wants to be old, unknown and poor. For Hollywood kids life can be difficult because they grow up in such an unreal atmosphere. Their parents are ambitious, and the children are part of the parents’ ambitions. Parents pay for extravagant parties, expensive cars and designer clothes. When every dream can come true, kids learn the value of nothing because they have everything.
3. Pets owners argue that cats and dogs can feel angry, depressed, neglected, happy, even jealous and guilty. Many scientists, however, are sceptical about giving animals the full range of emotions that human can feel. Part of the problem is that it is impossible to prove that even human being is feeling happy or sad. In fact, it is only because we can observe body language and facial expression that we can deduce it. And of course humans can express the emotions with language. However, most researchers do agree that many creatures experience fear.
4. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and hurricanes are responsible for the deaths of thousands of people every year. One of the most violent earthquakes ever recorded was in 1906. It was the equivalent of 100 H-bombs, but it was nothing compared to a volcanic eruption in Indonesia in 1815. This was the equivalent of 10,000 H-bombs. But even these are nothing compared to many tropical hurricanes: they regularly have the energy of an amazing 100,000 H-bombs.
5. The bicycle is making a come-back. In an ecology-conscious age, it seems the ideal way of getting around: it doesn’t smell or make a noise; it costs very little to run and not much to buy. «А cycle-riders» club meets every Saturday in Central Park, New York, and spends the day cycling! Old cities in Britain are being choked with cars, too. Recently students and townspeople demonstrated their opposition to the heavy traffic in Cambridge. They rode their cycles into the middle of the city and stayed there, riding round and round, while an enormous traffic jam developed.
1 – E
2 – A
3 – D
4 – F
5 – C